Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Squeeze Me


Since my decision to go off the pill, I have noticed something strange. Various sized volcanoes have begun projecting out of my face.

Seriously, I have more fucking acne now than I did when I was a greasy 14-year old. WTF?

I wouldn’t be so alarmed by it if I had started taking the pill when it was normal to have zits, then I might think that this is how my skin is. But when I started taking the pill in my early 20’s I had clear skin and the few times that I went off the pill between then and now (when I wasn’t getting any and when I wanted to get pregnant) I didn’t have this crazy ass mushy pimple face.

And heeellooooooo, I’m old. This should not be happening to me at this age.

Does having a baby mess with your hormones so much that it makes you revert back to pubescent hormone days when the pimple factory worked overtime to make your life a living hell?

I went to bed last night with so much zit shit on my face that the SMELL woke up Ralph who can literally sleep through me kneeing him in the stomach anything.

I don’t know if I should start using proactive or go to the dermatologist or what, but this is fucking ridiculous.

5 comments:

Foofa said...

That is yet another reason to stay on the pill. That and the whole not having babies thing. So glad you guys enjoyed the mushrooms!!! That makes me very happy to hear.

justme said...

yikes, i might get on the pill for that reason alone, my chin has mountains on it ?? i am almost 40, and i have actually been getting facials a bunch, all for naught !! found your blog - enjoying it.

justme said...

adding you to my blogroll

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

I came down with adult acne after having my little guy too. Don't fall off your chair laughing but...Proactiv actually really worked for me. Everything else dried out my face to the point of peeling. But seriously, what is up with getting zits when we are this old?? Some sick sort of karma??

Anonymous said...

Outstanding blog here! Furthermore your web site loads up fast!

I wish my website loaded up as rapidly as yours. Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful ideas
through your blog.

Visit my website: http://gudrunnybohome.wordpress.com/2013/05/31/how-to-quit-smoking-successfully