Monday, August 20, 2007

Date Night With Old Married Me

Ralph and I went to a wedding over the weekend. I love weddings. Somewhere in my wildest dreams I quit my job and become a wedding planner. Anyway, this wedding was a bit different for me, this wedding made me feel OLD.

First, we were not friends of the bride, or the groom. We were invited to this wedding by the bride’s parents. When I saw the groom my jaw dropped, he couldn’t possibly be a day over 14. Since when did grown men start looking like little kids to me?

At the reception, Ralph and I sat at a table with his business partners. None of us danced, in fact, hardly anyone moved their ass from the table the entire night. Ralph and I were the last couple from our table to leave, and we were home before 8:30. I had a babysitter, and I was at home in sweats by 8:30. WTF!

Ahhh, the life and times of an old married couple.

3 comments:

justme said...

yikes, depressing !!!! i am dying to go to a wedding b/c i feel like it will be the only time i can go out and dance !!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Funny timing. I can relate!

We attended a college-mates wedding this weekend too. Nobody danced or even left the table. It was all talk. Is that a tell-tale sign of aging? uh-oh.

Jennifer said...

A babysitter and home by 8:30!!! That makes me want to cry!