Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend in Review

I got this from Why are you Stalking Me? and thought it was so right on that I would share it.


How You Life Your Life
You seem to be straight forward, but you keep a lot inside.You are always tactful and diplomatic. You let people down gently.You tend to have one best friend you hang with, as opposed to many aquaintences.You tend to dream big, but you worry that your dreams aren't attainable.




On to the Weekend in Review

Normally, my weekends are nothing to write about. Literally, open a vain boring. But, last weekend we actually did some fun stuff and I will be doing stuff each weekend from now until I go back to work in August (shivers go down my spine at the thought of it).

My dad is one of those has everything, can't buy him anything sort of guys, so, buying him presents is always a lesson in creativity. This year was a snap because one of his favorite artists has an exhibit at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh. So, on Saturday, Ralph, The Bug and I picked up my dad and the monster (my step mom who I really do love) and drove to Pittsburgh to see the exhibit.

Ralph and I were both quite nervous about how The Bug would handle a whole day off of the schedule that we are all such slaves to, and Ralph even suggested that he stay home with The Bug. Of course, that was never really going to happen, and to our complete and utter shock, The Bug was amazingly good. He didn't have a single meltdown despite being 4 hours late for his nap by the time he conked out in the car on the way home. Kudos to Ralph as well, for driving 4+ hours roundtrip and spending his entire Saturday with his in-laws, while only having 1 meltdown in the process!

The exhibit and the Conservatory itself were both amazing and everyone had a great time. My parents and Ralph and I are all planning to go back to see the exhibit at night sans The Bug and probably sans the other couple as well. I highly recommend that anyone who lives near Pittsburgh go to see it.

The entire day was so nice that, Saturday evening,while I was washing our dinner dishes, I thought that it might actually be time to add another bug to our nest. The problem, of course, is the much b*tched about current nest. I broached the subject with Ralph Saturday night, with the caveat that we would have to buy a bigger house sooner rather than later. Apparently, Ralph liked the idea of having another baby. Ralph and his sister are only 11 months apart, and Ralph has always said that he thinks that siblings should be close together in age. Being exactly 18 years younger than my closest sibling, the host of any such future bug sibling and the one ultimately in charge of most of the rearing of said sibling, I tend to disagree. He said that he would crunch the numbers to see if we could afford to move soon AND on Sunday he started cleaning the sh*t that I have been asking him to get rid of for years out of our spare bedroom. If only I had known that it was as easy as having another baby...

No comments: