Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

July 11th was my 4th anniversary with Ralph. It started out nicely, The Bug slept in long enough for me to wake up at 8:00 (which never happens) and take a shower before hearing “Ouuut Mommy Ouuut!”, which is how he usually alerts me to the fact that it is awfull ass early. Because it was a daycare day I even got to spend the day doing what I wanted to do (and yes, I know how fing awesome that is).

Fast forward to Ralph getting home from work. I should preface that I am completely obsessed with moving out of my house. Since The Bug hatched, it has just become way too small and I’m super sick of my obnoxious neighbor. Ralph claims to want to move too, but he bought the house before we met, and I think he is more attached to it than he wants to let on. Anyway, I have been obsessing lately about this adorable house that is right across the street from an elementary school with a kick-ass playground in an adorable neighborhood.

Sooo, Ralph comes home without even an f’ing card (but I have to forgive him because I recently ranted to him about how expensive cards are and how I’m going to start making my own on the computer or some shit like that…yeah Ralph, you coulda made me one!) but I forgive him because he bought me a combined birthday/anniversary present so I wasn’t expecting a gift, and he says he wants me to drive him by this house I’ve been telling him about.

On the way home, several of his comments make it clear that he is not as into the house as I am, so after The Bug is asleep I say, “so I guess you didn’t like the house?” He completely gets pissed off and is yelling about “didn’t we talk about staying in this house until The Bug goes to kindergarten” and all of this shit and we’re up fighting until 11:30. He keeps invoking this crap about some conversation that would keep us in this house another 3 years until The Bug is 5, but I recall a more recent conversation that prompted us to do $10,000 worth of renovations to this house to get it on the market by June 1 of this year. Given the fact that I have receipts to back up my recollection, I think that my memory is a hell of a lot more accurate than his.

Having taken one completely pissed off and hostile day, I have come to realize that Ralph was right about many of the things that he said on our anniversary. One of the things Ralph ‘suggested’ was that I stop looking at houses for sale online and find a new hobby. Thus, here I am, blog sweet diversion.

1 comment:

Chef Erik said...

Nice blog, happy anniversary!